ANON spirits, launched in June 2021 by Monmouth based Alfresco Drinks, combine natural botanicals and flavourings to create delicious non-alcoholic libations.
Why are drinks called libations?
The English word “libation” derives from the Latin libatio, an act of pouring, from the verb libare, “to taste, sip; pour out, make a libation”
These drinks are designed to be poured and enjoyed over ice and your favourite mixer.
ANON English Garden Alcohol Free PIMM’S style drink.
- The ideal non-alcoholic alternative to Pimms, perfect for a sun-kissed summer afternoon, blends of natural flavours combining classic summer fruits, cucumber, mint, orange, apple and strawberry. Best served in a tall glass with plenty of ice, a sprig of mint, topped up with lemonade, tonic or (for the decadent) prosecco
- Designed for summers afternoons on the patio
- The ideal non-alcoholic alternative to Pimms, perfect for a sun-kissed summer afternoon with loads of Ice & fruit in a tall glass.
- Blends of natural flavours combining classic summer fruits, cucumber, mint, orange, apple and strawberry.
- Best served in a tall glass with plenty of ice, a sprig of mint, topped up with lemonade, tonic or Teetotaler Sparkling White Wine, with chunks of fruit and cucumber.
Non-alcoholic. Vegan. Gluten Free. Allergen Free. Once opened keep refrigerated and use within 12 weeks.
Produced with passion in Monmouth by Alfresco Drinks – Fruit juices, waters and natural drinks that are healthy and refreshing, containing real fruit and nothing artificial.
Anon English Garden is designed to be drunk as you would a Pimms so serve in a tall glass with plenty of ice, a sprig of mint, topped up with lemonade, tonic or Teetotaler Sparkling White Wine, with chunks of fruit and cucumber. You could always mix a great big jug for sharing as well, just use one part English Garden to 3 parts lemonade to get the taste just right and add ICE, fruit and share.
A word about the founder:
ANON has been bought together as a collaboration between Alfresco Drinks who’s founders are Julian Ebbutt and Robin Sheppard who have been developing and making soft drinks for over 20 years, and a number of their ingredients partners and distilleries. So I asked Julian a few questions about his spirits.
What was your inspiration for the flavours that you have launched Anon with? “We have over 20 years of experience creating great tasting drinks, and felt that, after plenty of sampling/testing, the initial flavours/drinks we have chosen were the closest match to their alcohol equivalent”
Why are your drinks called libations? “No idea – just thought it sounded better than drinks !”
English Garden is a really unusual drink in that it is the first AF spirit inspired by the famous British drink Pimm’s, Is this a particular favourite of you and your family? “Absolutely – it really is a great British tradition and we felt that the formulation we come up with really worked well”
You have a very strong logo with the owl does that have any significance to you as the founder. “Not in particular – just felt the wise old owl was a nice character”
Full details of the Anon range can be found here: www.anondrinks.com